Hi it's me, P. I just want to share my experience my awesome dining experience at ROKU Sushi + Ramen in Trinoma Mall.
I love Japanese food so I was excited to try this for a long time. The menu was full of pictures of delicious sushi rolls and ramens. I gave a conscious effort to pick only the ones that we could actually finish because I was only with my mom. Since it seems that sushi rolls are their bestsellers, I ordered two kinds of roll namely OMG Roll (P349) and Black Mamba Roll (P349). The OMG Roll comes in 8 pieces and made up with blow torched salmon, ebi tempura, ebiko and aburi sauce. Black Mamba Roll also comes in 8 pieces and made up with unagi (eel), black ebiko, tamago (egg), kani (crabstick), cream cheese and tempura flakes. I cannot take my eyes away from the Blow Torched Salmon Trio in the menu so I ordered that too. I also couldnt resist a Spicy Tuna Salad because it's one of my favorites 😛. Mom ordered ROKU Chashu Miso Ramen for herself since she craved for something with soup.
The orders came and my eyes feasted with delight. They were all made beautifully. I took bad pictures since the lighting was a little dim in the venue. Oh by the way, they were out of tuna so they asked me if they could put salmon instead in my Spicy Tuna Salad with no extra charge. I said yes because I prefer salmon anyway hehe. It didn't disappoint! It was the best Spicy Salmon Salad I've ever had.
Spicy Salmon Salad
I was glad to find the salmon pieces were in generous serving! Restaurants often serve them with more vegetables and less fish. I love the taste! I love the level of spice. The salmon pieces were fresh and didn't have any ocean taste. I also love the presentation. I give this a 5/5.
OMG Roll
The sushi rolls were amazing! My mom prefer the Black Mamba because of the eel. I love them both. I eat sushi by stuffing the whole thing in my mouth at once so that I can taste how well the ingredients blend together and these rolls have good ingredient combination that really complemented.
In the OMG roll, the salmon and ebi tempura were tasty and really fresh.The aburi sauce was not salty but rather made the sushi savory. There was also cheese on top that made it more interesting. There were no bad after taste. I definitely recommend this. I give it 4.5/5 rating just because too much of it will probably overwhelm you.
Black Mamba
The Black Mamba Roll was delicious!! The cream cheese really did the trick of upgrading the taste of the eel. The eel was perfectly cooked that you can taste a tasty eel flavor. The sweet taste in the tamago balanced the salty taste of tempura flakes. There were a lot going on once you popped a piece in you mouth. All the flavors blended well. The texture of the ingredients also were interestingly good. I give it a 5/5 rating.
Blow Torched Salmon Trio (Upper Right)
I finished the Blow Torched Salmon Trio by myself. Each was a little different because of the toppings. There's one that is topped with kani; the other is topped with more salmon pieces and the last is topped with tamago. I cannot pick which one is my favorite. The one with tamago made it sweet to taste which I love. The one with more salmon pieces tasted like I had a huge ball of salmon sashimi which were made so freshly. The one paired with kani added saltiness to the fresh bunch but still good. I give it a 5/5 for the trio dish.
Chashu Miso Ramen
I wasn't able to taste the ROKU Chashu Miso Ramen but my mom finished the bowl. The presentation was different from the menu but mom said she liked it because it wasn't too oily or salty. The Chashu slices were also soft to bite into. The half boiled egg was not as interesting since it was dipped inside the soup already. The noodle itself wasn't thick which my mom prefers. I will not rate this dish.
Overall I loveeee this restaurant. I cannot wait to go back with J this time for more sushi. I definitely recommend this restaurant especially to those who love sushis!
Roku is located at:
Ground Floor, Trinoma Mall, North Triangle, Quezon City
Tel:+63 2 6256007
Roku is located at:
Ground Floor, Trinoma Mall, North Triangle, Quezon City
Tel:







No comments:
Post a Comment